Our perfect dozen
Connect’s employees and clients are getting ready to don their glad rags for a night at the Scottish Magazine Awards, after receiving a total of 12 nominations.
Among the individuals who have been shortlisted for this year’s event are James Cargill in the Business & Professional Magazine Designer category, for his work on the Journal of the Law Society of Scotland, Landlord Focus for the Scottish Association of Landlords and Infinite for the University of Edinburgh.
Production manager Tony Smith is up for the award of Backstage Star, while Peter Nicholson is shortlisted for the Business & Professional Magazine Editor award for his work on the Journal of the Law Society of Scotland, an award he has collected twice before in 2010 and 2012.
Connect’s sales team (Jane Deane, Ann Craib, David Hughes, Clare Stebbing and Elliot Whitehead) is in the running for Sales Performance of the Year.
Connect also has three titles in the Internal or Employee Magazine category, for Heads Up for BAE Systems, SW Vision for Scottish Water and Treehouse for FMC Technologies.
The Scottish Dental Show, which won Brand Extension in 2012 and 2013, is nominated again. Unfiltered for the Scotch Malt Whisky Society is again shortlisted for Member Magazine, a category it won in 2014.
“I’m delighted for our people and our clients to collect so many nominations across the categories,” said Connect managing director Alan Ramsay. “It comes on the back of our success in last year’s event, when we won four awards, and continues to demonstrate the strength we have at Connect across our content, creative and commercial activities.
The Scottish Magazine Awards will take place on 16 December at Dynamic Earth in Edinburgh.
- Backstage Star: Tony Smith
- Brand Extension: Scottish Dental Show
- Business & Professional Magazine: Journal of the Law Society of Scotland
- Business & Professional Magazine Designer: James Cargill – Journal of the Law Society of Scotland/Landlord Focus/Infinite
- Business & Professional Magazine Editor: Peter Nicholson – Journal of the Law Society of Scotland
- Customer Magazine: Glasgow
- Customer Magazine: In-depth
- Internal or Employee Magazine: Heads Up
- Internal or Employee Magazine: SW Vision
- Internal or Employee Magazine: Treehouse
- Member Magazine: Unfiltered
- Sales Performance: The Connect Sales Team